Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Secular Haze

Satanic music played in the sound system. Hypnotic lullabies chanting charming blackness. People in the bar looked sleek and the beer was good.

"As the parish sighs in smoke
Enters the lady revealed of cloak
To the haunting sound of the monstrance clock"

Ghost sang and sang as I drowned myself in booze. The conversation at the table was somewhat uneventful. Harsh politic remarks, religion and the same shit that had become a regular thing to be brought up for many years now. I sat still and continued to drink.

"Come together, together as a one
Come together for Lucifer’s son
Come together, together as a one
Come together for Lucifer’s son"


"Are you a catholic?" Someone asked me.
"I was born and raised in one of those countries", I replied
"Do you mind the music?", he asked 
"Well", I paused, "I love Marilyn Manson", I continued
"Where are you from?" said the man
"I believe in God", I said curtly, "Just not the one everyone claims to believe in"
"Hmm, you must be happy then"
"Why is that?"
"You are in one of the most atheistic countries in the whole world", he fired back
"Hmm, I am happy here, people seem somewhat spiritual and engulfed into the fires of vice and decadence".


I stood up and walked towards the toilets. I had been rude, yet again. I didn't care. Not anymore. 
I pushed the doors open and walked into the men's room. Full graffiti and a delicate scent of lemon. I started to piss and I was at peace.  


Hrms Etc
11.12.13


2 comments:

  1. So good!
    If you has been rude once more, I am going to support you: this is not an atheistic country, it is a religious country (btw, mainly catholic). But they don´t recognize that. As in many other points on their lives, they lives in a kind of parallel world :-P

    ReplyDelete